Parent teacher association (PTA)
Parent Teacher Association is run by a voluntary committee of parents and staff. They give their time generously to organise and run a calendar of events throughout the year – discos, quiz nights, Bake off’s, summer and Christmas fayres and many more. Through these events, the parents and staff raise thousands of pounds each year. These funds have provided Birchwood Grove with a variety of resources; such as: IPads, a book vending machine, science resources and whole school playtime equipment and more.If you have any suggestions for fund raising events or would like to get involved with the PTA we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Birchwood-Grove-PTA
The committee relies on parents to help run and support these events. All parents of children at the school automatically become members of the PTA and are encouraged to join the committee, or to give some time to help run the PTA events, which are all great fun and very rewarding.
Recent updates from Birchwood Grove's PTA
- KS1 6th October 2023 (5pm - 6pm)
- KS2 6th October 2023 (6.15pm - 7.30pm)
- Book online for a cheaper price of £3.50 or tickets will be £5 on the door.
- Helpers needed in order for this to go ahead
- If you would like to book online please follow this link: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/birchwood-grove/
- Tuesday 24th October 2023 at the Woolpack
- Tickets £5 per person and tables of 4,5,6 are available!
Make the rules day
- For one day only, children are allowed to make the rules for a suggested donation of 50p per rule such as: dress in non-uniform, crazy hair, temporary tattoos, squash in water bottles.
- Wednesday, 18th October at 7.30pm in the Studio at school
- At this meeting we will report on last year's activities, plans for the year ahead and vote for key positions on the committee. All parents are welcome to attend
Your PTA Committee for 2023/2024 is:
Reading vending machine
The PTA recently funded the purchase of our book vending machine. This will be used across the school to recognise the children's amazing efforts with reading. Every month one child in each class will be nominated to receive the golden coin, by their peers, for something wonderful they have done with their reading. This could be for challenging themselves with their reading, or making an interesting comment about one of the characters.
Upcoming PTA events
Summer Fayre 2nd July 2021