The School Vision
Birchwood Grove is an inclusive, creative and caring community, committed to preparing children for their future as local, national and global citizens, with a passion for lifelong learning.
Our Shared Values
- Resilience (Perseverance)
- Collaboration (Team working/Working together)
- Innovation (Creativity/ Individuality)
The life and ethos of the school
We uphold the Articles of the United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child and put these at the heart of our practice. These Articles are shared and explained to our children through Kite assemblies, and six Articles are used as the basis for our Charters:
The right to be the best that we can be. (Article 29)
The right to learn and go to school. (Article 28)
The right to be kept safe. (Article 19)
The right to meet with friends, join clubs and relax and play. (Article 31)
The right to be healthy. (Article 6)
The right to be listened to. (Article 12)
We teach children to ‘respect’ each child’s Rights, and to show they understand these through their actions, for example, knowing that following our Charters will help others to be kept safe.
- To reach our full potential in all aspects of school life within a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- To promote the development of self–respect and self-discipline by encouraging independence and a sense of responsibility.
- To ensure everyone, regardless of gender, race, ability or cultural background, is valued and has the opportunity to be listened to.
- To keep ourselves healthy and safe in a happy and secure environment.
- To take the opportunities to ensure everyone can relax and play, meet with friends and join clubs.
- To do all the above, not only at school but also in the wider community, in order to develop skills for life.
Click here to see an overview of our School Priorities 2019-2020